Dassett Magna Parishes
Avon Dassett with Fenny Compton, Burton Dassett, Farnborough and
Gaydon with Chadshunt
As part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, we
are committed to protect and care for everyone in the church community, but
especially adults at risk and children.
We are committed to:
- The care of, the nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with
all children and adults.
- The safeguarding and protection of all children and adults.
- The establishing of a safe, caring community which provides a loving
environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where
they can find support and best practice that contributes to the
prevention of abuse.
To this end we will:
- Carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility
within the church, in line with the Church of England's Practice
Guidance for Safer Recruitment.
- Respond without delay to every complaint made that a child or adult
may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in
- Seek to offer informed pastoral care and support to anyone who has
suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that
recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have
been abused, including their feelings of alienation and/or
- Seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further
harm and abuse.
- Seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a
position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by
- Seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and
referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our church
community known to have offended against a child or adult.
In all of the above:
- We will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good
- We will monitor and regularly review our safeguarding
If you have any Safeguarding concerns, please contact...
Parish Safeguarding Officer:
Burton Dassett Sue Taylor 01295 770073
Farnborough Fiona Russell-Perry 01295 690039
Fenny Compton Rose Dunn 07999849374
Gaydon Jo Hotchkiss 07581277214
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser:
9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday 024 7652 1345
Out-of-hours safeguarding helpline on 0303 003 1111
For more information about safeguarding...
Please contact the PARISH SAFEGUARDING OFFICER, or visit www.dioceseofcoventry.org.uk/safeguarding
|For children and young people who want someone to
|Telephone 0800 1111
|Calls are free and confidential
|Or make contact via the website